Request Free Demo
In a troubled economic climate businesses of all sizes in the world, have had to deal with many financial obstacles. Many of them have forced small businesses and well-known businesses to suffer serious difficulties. One of the biggest problems a business faces is employee absenteeism which can be easily handle with the help of HR Analytics Software in south-africa.
- Wages paid to absent employees
- High-cost replacement workers (overtime pay for other employees and/or temporary workers)
- Administrative costs of managing absenteeism
Other indirect costs and effects of absenteeism include:
- Poor quality of goods/services resulting from overtime fatigue or under staffing
- Reduced productivity
- Excess manager time (dealing with discipline and finding suitable employee replacements)
- Safety issues (inadequately trained employees filling in for others, rushing to catch up after arriving as a replacement, etc)
- Poor morale among employees who have to “fill in” or do extra work to cover absent coworkers
Attendance Software in south-africa help managers and business owners to track absenteeism and to see if any corrective actions need to be taken at a managerial level.
Employee absenteeism costs the economy and businesses a great deal of money. There are a number of legitimate reasons apart from Annual vacation, Sick Leave and Compassionate leave as to why employees take time off work which include:
- Burnout and stress
Some larger businesses are looking at ways to reduce the number of days lost due to illness with the help of Leave Management Software in south-africa. That includes employing Life Coaches to reduce stress in the workplace, offering members of staff free membership to fitness clubs, as well as changing working hours. There have been claims that these techniques are working, unfortunately not every employee who reports they are unwell are telling the truth.
According to reports, employees pretend to be ill for a number of reasons, these include:
- Going for an interview for another job
- Child care problems
- Taking time off for concerts or days out
This lack of respect costs the business community and the economy a great deal of money, and that is why some large organizations now employee private investigation firms to investigate any suspicious sickness reports.
To battle employee absenteeism and to reduce the amount of money that impacts the economy and businesses around the world, some experts have said more needs to be done